GLOBAL RECRUITMENT & HR SPECIALISTS ACROSS THE PLASTICS, PACKAGING, PETROCHEMICALS, CHEMICALS, ENERGY AND RECYCLING SECTORS SINCE 1975.
Location: Hybrid – Leuna Germany/Homebased
Listgrove is the retained partner for a leading engineering materials company and highly integrated solution provider, committed to the sustainable future of polyamides.
Organise, lead and follow the Category processes, benchmarks, market evolutions, trends, cost-build-up, including leading proactive sourcing projects, specification definition and demand management activities. Additional responsibility for managing supplier performance and innovation and sustainability activities, as defined in Supplier Performance & Innovation Framework on Cost/Value/Risk.
- Define regional long-term sourcing strategy for electricity - gas and hydrogen, including “green” sources: scope, criteria, parameters and key decisions to be made, in order to launch RFPs for supply contracts.
- Ensure alignment with customer contracts i.e. aligned pricing formula between purchases and sales and optimise the current existing energy contracts with suppliers.
- Actively participate in innovative energy or hydrogen production processes and projects, together with cross-functional teams (i.e. non-conventional purchases of energy such as PPA).
- Prepare the RFP documents including evaluation criteria.
- Propose a short list of potential partners and suppliers, with respective strengths and weaknesses.
- Evaluate proposals; prepare & drive negotiation and manage and follow up the contracts.
- Propose hedging strategies, tactics & mechanisms to the Company’s Energy Committee (damage control, short / medium / long-term tunnels, opportunity captures, etc.) participate actively for region with governmental and country-based organisations for Energy topics (e.g. UNIDEN.)
- Master Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Purchasing and Energy management.
- Experience in energy and carbon related projects on relevant European markets (gas, electricity and hydrogen) ideally in the chemical industry.
- Deep experience in implementing energy hedging strategies.
- Deep understanding of energy transition challenges in Europe (regulation)
- Excellent communication and ability to advise and influence.
- Excellent negotiation skills based on facts and figures.
- Strong relationship management skills, able to build relationships with key stakeholders across the business globally.
- Ability to lead projects in a structured and efficient way.
- Capacity to translate strategy/vision into concrete actions.
- Ability to work out business cases based upon short and long term and cost/value/risk concept.
- Fluent English and German essential.
For reasons of better legibility, the simultaneous use of the language forms male, female and diverse (f/m/d) is avoided. All personal designations apply equally to all genders.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
MEET WITH LISTGROVE AT THE FOLLOWING EXHIBITIONS in 2024:
NPE Orlando USA, Hispack Barcelona, FIP Lyon, Compounding World Expo Brussels, Scanpack Gothenburg
To hear from our clients on how we have supported their search for talent and HR needs, please visit Listgrove’s Case Studies page.